Welcome to the Rainbow Room, where we provide care for the youngest members of the First Churches family.
- The Rainbow Room offers safe, loving care for your child(ren) from infants through four years of age, while you attend Worship service or special events with us.
- The Rainbow Room is open Sunday mornings from 9:30am – 11am (for Worship service, which begins at 10am), and during select special church events.
- As part of our Safe Church covenant, there are always at least two adults taking care of all children in the Rainbow Room & Children’s Church program (Sunday School). This helps ensure the children’s safety, and enables us to provide appropriate supervision. We have two paid staff members who care for our children on a regular basis, with volunteers stepping in to assist when the need arises. The Rainbow Room is contingent upon a clear CORI check (conducted annually); employment is overseen by the Christian Education Board and the Personnel Committee.
- We ask that you please complete a Rainbow Room Registration Form for each child in care in this nursery, even if you will only be visiting our church from time to time. This is vital so that we can properly care for your child, and easily locate you within the building in case there is a need.
- When Worship service is over, please pick up your child(ren) promptly, so that you may enjoy Coffee Hour with your family in Lyman Hall, and so our staff may have time to straighten & clean the room.
- If you have any questions or would like additional information about the Rainbow Room or any of our Christian Education programs, please speak with Pastor Sarah Buteux or Pastor Todd Weir, the ministers here at First Churches.